Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Leaving for Homestay

I leave bright and early tomorrow morning for my homestay village of...NGabacoro Droit, a village of 4,000 people about half an hour from Bamako. I'll be there with three other PCTs (or trainees), though there will be about 15 more within 10 minutes by bike. There I will focusing on learning French with a little Bambara thrown in.

It was kind of exciting getting our homestay assignments today. Most of us are learning French and Bambara, meaning we could really be sent anywhere in the country. Still it was fun to learn who will be in the same village with us for the next few months. Those individuals who are going to be living in a more remote part of the country found that out, as they're learning languages such as Tamasheq and Dogon.

Training is fine, with nothing new to really report. The three legged cat just had kittens. They'll be old enough for me to take one to my site when I get my assignment. Definitely a possibility. Besides that things are the same. I got pictures onto my computer, but the internet wouldn't let me put them up online. I'll try again tonight if I have time. Otherwise it will be a few weeks. I get back to Tubaniso (and a computer) in just under two weeks (ish).

K'an b'u fo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The village you're going to sounds like the name of a planet in Star Wars.

I hope you have fun!

Anonymous said...

Google Earth can't find it!!!