Monday, September 17, 2007

Installation Logistics

Since swear in is fast approaching, we have finally received the logistics for our installation at site. I hate the word "installation" that PC uses to refer to our actually moving to our new homes. But Peace Corps is all about integration, so there it is, I'm being installed. Here's the schedule of my coming week or so:

  • Friday, Sept. 21st: Swear in! Party it up all night in Bamako.
  • Saturday, Sept. 22nd: Recover. Malian Independence Day.
  • Sunday, Sept. 23rd: Leave by public bus for Segou with about 10 other new PCVs. Spend the night at a hotel in Segou.
  • Monday, Sept. 24th: Shop in Segou in the morning, then take a PC car to San to spend the night with the rest of San Kaw (my group).
  • Tuesday, Sept. 25th: Shop in San. The first PCV of the San Kaw, Nicole, is installed. Spend the night in San.
  • Wednesday, Sept. 26th: Move into my new home! Set up my house and get organized. Begin to freak out about having no idea what I'm doing. Start the next two years of my life.

As soon as I move out to site, I will not longer have internet access. The closest is in Segou, about a three hour bus ride away, so I'll be lucky to get there every month or so. However my phone will have great service and I'll have access to my San mailing address regularly...and I will be in need of support!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's all happening!

please get that reference.

Billie said...

Wow! How exciting for you and your other PCV's. I'll have to get better about writing more often - even if it's only a few lines. Love you. . .